Pages

Sunday 11 August 2013

How I Fell From Grace

Sorry the following doesn't rhyme but is a true account and a bit hilarious!

Recently I quit my church.
It started with a video on YouTube
I was told my video was offensive,
that I should not teach against tithing, that was wrong,
But my view is personal I argued
And I live in a country where freedom of speech is promoted.
I said I was very respectful, didn't use any names or used the name of my church
But they said we can't take it because you still attend our church.
Honestly it sounded like I was begging
for them not to cut me off.
I tried to tell them about Grace
and they admitted they didn't really understand.
I was even told that as a woman,
I needed to focus on my family instead of
making videos about what I felt passionate about.
I then expected to be also told
to not to work outside the home or vote or drive.
I was told I had shamed my family
and also already brought curses upon them.
My brain says I shouldn't
but my heart still feels the pain of knowing
that some Christians still cannot agree to disagree.
And will not study the scriptures for themselves
to find out and then stand up for the truth.

Here is that video..

1 comment:

  1. Hi Priti!
    ...whilst I do subscribe to tything as a priciple, predating Mosaic and Levitical law (Gen 14:20) I felt obliged to rebuke one of your detractors on YouTube.

    In the passage above you will see Abram freely tythe as an expression of gratitude and joy, as he was moved.

    ReplyDelete